Recipe Details:Although vegetable soups are good for everyone, for people with diabetes, they are among the safest and healthiest food choices.
- Large potato (cut in small pieces) – 1
- Small carrots (grated) – 3
- Small bell pepper (cut in small pieces) – 1
- Cabbage (thinly shredded) – 3.5 Oz
- Chopped celery stalk – ½ cup
- Medium onion (finely chopped) – one half
- Scallions – ½ bunch
- Parsley – ½ bunch
- Small parsnip root (finely chopped) – 1
- Water – 4 cups
- Salt and Spices to taste
Recipe Directions:Step 1
Boil water in a saucepan. Add potato, carrots, parsnip root and onion. Boil for 10 minutes.
Add cabbage, bell pepper, celery, salt, and spices to the saucepan. Cook for 10 more minutes over low heat.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley and scallions and serve! If desired, you can serve the soup with a piece of rye bread.
Do you have any questions about your diabetes condition or general questions about diabetes? You can now post those questions in DiabetesIQ Forum and have our diabetes experts answer your questions for FREE! Yes, there is absolutely no catch! - Registration only takes a few seconds and it's FREE. No credit card needed. You can ask any number of diabetes questions, all for FREE! Register today and join the conversation!