Recipe Details:A light diabetic-friendly zucchini dish with cheese, garlic and other vegetables that will make a very satisfying lunch or side dish option.
- Zucchini (cut into slices) – 1 lb.
- Red, green, and orange bell pepper (cut into strips) – 1/3 of each
- Tomatoes – 2
- Grated low-fat and low-sodium cheese (such as Emmental and Parmesan) – 2 cups
- Onion (cut into thin rings) – 2
- Carrot (grated) – 1
- Garlic (chopped) – 3 cloves
- Dill (chopped) – 1 small bunch
- Parsley (chopped) – 1 small bunch
- Salt – to taste
- Sour cream (for serving) – to taste
Recipe Directions:Place the chopped vegetable in a butter-greased cake form with removable bottom in layers, in the following order:
1st layer - salt and pepper the zucchini, the put them in one row as tightly as possible to each other
2nd - half of the cheese
3rd - half a tomato, add a little salt
4th - half garlic
5th - half the onion
6th – carrots
7th - the second half of the tomato, add a little salt
8th - the second half of the garlic
9th - second half of the onion
10th – pepper
11th - the second half of the cheese
Sprinkle with parsley and dill on top and place in the oven preheated to 350 F. Bake until tender. Serve with sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
Do you have any questions about your diabetes condition or general questions about diabetes? You can now post those questions in DiabetesIQ Forum and have our diabetes experts answer your questions for FREE! Yes, there is absolutely no catch! - Registration only takes a few seconds and it's FREE. No credit card needed. You can ask any number of diabetes questions, all for FREE! Register today and join the conversation!